SAND is managed and run by Claire Tucker and Sarah Grimwood.
Claire Tucker - Manager
Claire Tucker is a fully trained Teaching Assistant and Nurture leader. She has 15 years experience working within these roles and is currently working as a Teaching Assistant at Blaise Primary.
Sarah Grimwood - Manager
Sarah is an HLTA and a Thrive practitioner. She has 18 years experience working within these roles and is currently working as a Teaching Assistant at Blaise Primary.
Tracey Thayer - Play Worker
Tracey has 10 years experience working as a Teaching Assistant and is currently working at Blaise Primary. Tracey has experience working within KS1 and as a Holiday Club Play Worker. Tracey and Sarah run SAND Holiday Club.
We are all passionate about the work we do and simply want to see happy children having fun in a safe and stimulating environment.
As parents ourselves we understand the importance of finding quality, affordable childcare that the children enjoy and love coming to.
Our Aim is Simple
- To offer quality, affordable childcare for our local community.
- A place where children have a fun, nurturing and safe environment to play in and make new friends, improving their confidence and to be able to enjoy being a child.
- To value and respect individuality and diversity and encourage children to be sensitive to the needs of others.
- To create an inclusive environment, accessible to all children.
- We value individuality and diversity and are proud to provide an equal-opportunity setting.
- We want every child to want to come back to our club!
The Staffing ratio for children attending SAND is set out in accordance with OFSTED regulations. There will always be a minimum of two childcare qualified staff with current DBS certificates in attendance at the setting. All senior staff are first aid trained and have attended child safeguarding courses.
We are fully registered with OFSTED
SAND underpins all of its work with an ethical code drawn up by Play England.
The Charter for Childrens Play sets out a vision for play called The Playwork Principles. These eight Principles have been endorsed as good practice for all playworkers by Ofsted.